Monday, February 21, 2011

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Happy President's Day!

I have the day off, but only because I have every Monday off!  When I woke up this morning it was 18 degrees ( I know some of you have much colder weather but remember I am a Desert Rat) and I could not face the thought of going out for a run. So what did I do..two cups of coffee and a cinnamon roll that I made last night!  Yummy!
At nine, Hubby was putting his shoes on and said he was going to East Lake for a walk! OK, now I had to go on a run...no excuses. I bundled up, but not enough, because I froze my @#$ off!

Last Saturday, I watched another Jeff Galloway video and am reading one of his books.  I am trying his Marathon plan and his philosophy is to slow down during the training runs. I put pencil to paper and  to follow his plan I should run about 17 min miles for training..HA HA I think I could crawl faster than that! I will not follow the plan completely but will try to slow down and put in the minute walk breaks.

The running felt great but I noticed my HR was climbing and I think it was because I was so cold. Maybe the cinnamon roll and two cups of coffee did not help!
Anyway, my leg felt good while running but I still have some discomfort when I walk. I wonder if I twisted something on the treadmill.

2 comments:

  1. I really would like to start running but I've got a long road to go before I'm there. One step at a time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I wish I had the will-power to run. I'm thinking (ONLY THINKING) of taking up jogging this spring because I want to get myself in better shape. Maybe I'll find the inspiration over here...

    ReplyDelete