Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm Back!

A New Year, A New Healthy Lifestyle!!

Finally, finally I'm back on the trail! The weather was beautiful today, the perfect day to get back on the running trail. I started out with a mile walk then slowly (ever so slowly)  added a few quarter mile jogs.  I was tense wondering if I would be able to jog, wondering if I would feel pain in my foot, wondering if there was a remote possibility that I would be able to run a Marathon again.

Yes, that has been one of my biggest worries, wondering if I could run another Marathon. I...Think.. I ...Can!!

WooHoo!!!!




I hope you had a wonderful Holiday! Here is to a Happy, Healthy New Year filled with LOVE!

7 comments:

  1. YEAH you're back. I am so glad cuz I've really missed you here. I've always looked to you for your adventures in running. Tonight for the first time I ran 7mph for 2 minutes. I just wanted to see if I could do it. My normal pace now is about 5-5.5 and it feels good. I go up and down on my speed because I want to keep losing weight and they say to vary the exercise so I am. Still can't go a whole 5K without walking some but getting there. Tonight 3.25 miles in 36 minutes.
    Thanks for stopping by Shawn I so apprecaite your words of wisdom.
    Take care and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO very much for cming by when my little one passed away to the Rainbow Bridge. Your message was dear and meant a lot to me.

    xox

    Mom Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the first one to receive a comment after my "hiatus" and I must admit, once again, that I am inspred by your love of running! I am a treadmill jogger but used to run outdoors. I am going to make it my mission to run outdoors all because of you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by today. It was nice meeting you. Looking forward to getting to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shawn! Great to be back on the streets and online (a little)... thanks for visiting the turtles today. :) Hopefully, we'll get ourselves back on track this year. LOL My recent shift in thinking has done wonders for my motivation... thank Heaven! (literally and figuratively...ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shawn! Glad to be back on the streets and in the blogosphere (a little). Glad to see you back at it, too. Maybe this will be our year? It's amazing what a little 'attitude adjustment' will do, isn't it? LOL Thanks for visiting the turtles today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the pain in your foot has stayed away from you all these months and that you are still running! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

    ReplyDelete