Monday, August 9, 2010

The Beginning

One of my new adventures in life will be training for a full Marathon.  My Goal is to train for, and complete, a full Marathon before I turn the BIG 60. I will be 59 in October so that gives me about 14 months to accomplish this goal. I have completed four half marathons and that was quite an accomplishment but I want to push myself further to achieve the ultimate Goal.

The first thing I did was get out some books that I previously read  when working towards the half marathons. The two books I am reading are 1) The Non-Runner's Marathon Trainer   2) Marathoning for Mortals.   I figure if I take advice from both of the books, I can formulate a plan that will work for me and one that I will stick to.  I started on book #2  and the first piece of advice was to "not take another step until you read the book!"  Well that was OK for me, I had already read the book but needed a refresher. I went to Road Runners and bought a new pair of running shoes and I am now ready to begin my journey.

Erin and Mom after the Denver Marathon


Emma, Nana and Erin at the Skirt Chasers Race
                                                                               


I am lucky to have a very supportive family and a daughter that is an Iron Woman.
The picture is a little blurry but it shows how fast Erin was running!
                                                                      


    I recently read a very inspiring article, in Runner's World, about an 80+ woman who is still doing marathons..if she can do it, so can I!!  So, join me in this journey. I am sure I will whine, and cry, but I hope to have many laughs along this road to a Marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment