Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday's Run With My New Partner

Today is the first time I have run with a partner.  Although he was slow, it was nice to have the company and the time just flew by.
He is new to running, and like me when I first started , he had to run a little then stop.  I now know how Erin felt when she helped me start running. I would run for 30 sec-1 minute, then have to stop and gasp for air.

This guy's breathing was excellent but he had to go to the bathroom a lot. Luckily, the path has many trees to give a guy some privacy. Being a nurse, I was wondering if he has a prostate issue but he seems to young for that.

Anyway here are the stats!


I feel good about running with him and I can "Pay it Forward" for what Erin has done for me.

My new running partner

Waiting at the door.
Come on, lets get going!

Of course, we had to stop and look at this..
...and this birdie at the top.
Can we go home now?
His name is Hutch but we may change it.

4 comments:

  1. Another HUGE smile!!!!!! For BOTH of you!!!!!
    xx
    Jake and Fergi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word - you had me going there for a while! What an absolute sweetheart! Can't imagine running with my two Yorkies and two Maltese, can you imagine that chaos!

    We survived the Two Oceans in Cape Town a week ago - my husband and I did the 21km and my son the 56km - so proud of him!

    You should put the Two Oceans on your list of races to run - it's GREAT fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wilbur runs/walks with me. He's not sure if my running deserves his running or totting and bursts of run. We're getting a pace we both can do for a bit at a time but those birds, squirrels, muskrats, beavers, cats, bugs, rocks, grass, sunshine, shade....well you know...it's just need his attention too.
    Take care Shawn. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Maybe your new partner is just using the bathroom stops as an excuse for a rest!!

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete