Saturday, May 7, 2011

Should have stayed home!

I have been sick all week with a respiratory virus that went into my chest.  When I woke up this morning I was feeling better so decided to get on the trail,  get my 9 mile run over and done with, then head up to Loveland.  Hubby warned me I should stay home...

I started out and the first mile felt pretty good then, as I was going in to the second mile, I could feel my body shut down. I did not have the energy, or lung capacity,  I needed.  Dang,  I wanted to keep going but knew that it would be impossible to complete nine miles.  I turned around and ended up walking most of the way back.

Now, the hard part will be getting my mental training back where it should be.   Setbacks  do a number on me both physically and mentally.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Shawn you're not feeling good. You have to take care of yourself before you start pushing again. Take care my friend. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete