Saturday, June 11, 2011

Recap of my last two runs

I have  four months left of my training and I am feeling stronger every run.

Last Thursday,  I tried to work on speed work...for me Running Faster Than Normal..not really speed!



Today, I tried a new path and ran into a dead-end at the golf course.  Actually, it was the perfect mileage for today's run so I will keep it on my list of training paths.  Finally, I am feeling stronger and breathing is easier..although, my HR is climbing, R/T the warmer weather, but it does not bother me and I will ignore that for the time being. 

I read a chapter from the Galloway book this morning before my run and he emphasised the importance of early walk breaks which I worked on today.  It is amazing how this does not slow down the final time and I feel much stronger at the end.


1 comment:

  1. I can feel your strength in each post. You are doing awesome. I need to get out there and do a bit more too. I started working with Brad and his 5K in 100 days but I'm starting at the beginning and I don't feel like it's challenging me..yet.
    Take care Shawn and have a great day. Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete