Monday, October 4, 2010

Today's Run

I was unable to run this morning because we had a Computer class at our local Apple store.  There would be no excuse for not running today because the weather was absolutely beautiful. I decided to get the running shoes on at 4:30 and hit East Lake before I blew off a training day.

I ran the first 1.4 miles then decided to try the run/walk plan.  First I ran 3 min then walked 1min..this did not feel good.  Next I tried 4/1 and again when I stopped it was hard to get the motivation on an upswing. I played around with different times and found that a 5/1 or 6/1 would work best if I am going to use this system. The one thing good about this program is that I am now realizing that when I stop, I am able to start running again without much trouble.

One of my biggest problems with running has always been my inability to stop during a run without completely loosing my drive to continue. During my 1/2 marathons, I took my own fuel so that I did not have to stop at the aid stations. Heaven help me when I had to stop at the port-a-potties! A 2-5 min wait in line simply set me over the edge!  Now, with the run/walk plan, I have not had any problem with the restart. Although, my time was slower today. Now I will have to wait until Thursday, my day off, to run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment