Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Beautiful Morning

I decided to take a rare opportunity at work.. I took a Low Census Day. Yes,  I have today off and tomorrow is my scheduled day off! Two Days in a row..YIPEEEE!
I knew I would have to get back into the training even though my mind has not been committed. I had to get out on the trail. The temperature was 34 degrees when I started, so I tried to bundle up as much as I could:
Two pairs of pants, long sleeved shirt..my wonderful new jacket, a Bondi band (to keep my hair away from my face) and gloves.
Ready to go..OH, better put on some shoes!
The cool jacket was my Christmas present from Hubby.  This jacket keeps me warm and is wind resistant, which is great for Colorado winters! Luckily, this morning we did not have any wind.

These are the two Bondi Bands I ordered. I love them both..so ME! I bought Erin one, but I will not post what it says, because she may read this and I want it to be a surprise!

Anyway, back to the run. I stayed warm except for my hands, nose and LUNGS. I found the cold air in my lungs gave a burning sensation but it was still a good run!



Do you remember the pictures I posted of Eastlake in the fall? Well this is what it looks like now:
Looks lonely!


Not scenic in the winter...
We are supposed to get snow today starting in the late afternoon. I made an appointment with the trainer for tomorrow, guess I will be on the treadmill..  : ((

2 comments:

  1. Shawn, I admire your fortitude! Can't imagine out running (well, actually, I just walk) when it's that cold--brrrr. Do the bands keep your ears warm enough? It doesn't need to be that cold for my ears to hurt, so I like to keep them covered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from www.everydayphilanthropistblog.com
    "Never miss an opportunity to make others happy"

    ReplyDelete