Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I CAN DO IT!

I woke up around 3am with a leg cramp..stood up and it went away. Thank Goodness!  As I tried to go back to sleep I wondered if I should run today or just blow it off..remember I had a leg cramp.  :  )
                      
I finally got out of bed at 6:45, had to have my coffee and while it was brewing decided to lay out my running clothes. If the clothing was on the bed that should give me an incentive. Now should I wear a long sleeve or short sleeve shirt..I think I should sit down and watch the weather report.

Long sleeves or Short?



Oh, by the way, I have the Biggest Loser on the DVR and I need to watch that so I can delete it. If that show isn't an incentive to get out on the trail, I sure do not know what would be. After the show, I turned on the news and it was 63 degrees...settled...short sleeves.

It is all about the outfit! See the way my shoes are, maybe I wear them that way!
                                                                                
I decided to get my heart rate monitor out of the closet, blew off the cobwebs, and see what the 'ole ticker was doing. I have my watch, Shuffle IPod, Fuel Belt for the camera, and my spiffy shoes.
I got in the car, drove to East Lake. 



East Lake, Thornton

I walked to the mile marker at a pretty fast pace.


We are lucky to have Mile Markers





I set my watch, glanced at my HR which was already between 117 and 122..UGH..and started to run.

It was such a beautiful morning and there were so many runners, and walkers, you would think we were at a shopping mall. People were walking their dogs, some were pooping on the path (the dogs not the people!) and everyone I looked at had a big smile on their face. Boy, if life could just be this easy.


I came up to the .25 mile marker, was feeling great so decided not to look at my watch. I continued on and did not peek at my watch until the .5 marker..HR 180..felt great..breathing easy..on I go!


This is my favorite part, right after 1/2 mile marker.


 I continued on but this time tried to slow the HR down. I found that when I passed a walker ( they almost walked faster than I ran), my Hr would increase..maybe a little anxiety here. I continued running until the mile marker, where I stopped, put my watch on pause, and waited about 1 min until my HR decreased to 170. 

Close to the Mile Marker




I decided today's run should be at least 3 miles and I was determined to run the entire three. Yes, I did stop two times to lower the HR but always put my watch on pause then continued again. One thing to ponder..does it make a difference if my HR is high, I know I have a higher resting HR and as long as I feel OK maybe it does not matter. So, is it worth wearing the monitor..or should I skip it?  I have to think about it.  one thing I do know is, when I get serious about the training the Shuffle will have to go because for some reason I do better without it! I just enjoy listening to the toons.



The second time around the lake was great. I bet you are wondering where the lake is....

Here it comes!


How beautiful, the lake with the Rocky Mountains in the background.    

These are called Coots..just like me an 'ole Coot!


I love the Fall colors and although they are not at the peak, it was fun getting a few pictures.

Colors starting to turn.




  You must think that I stopped to take all these pictures but actually I walked after my run to get these shots.
I remember when the kids had to pick leaves for science projects.



The only thing I do not like about Fall is thinking about Winter.  : (                                         
Love the Colors



 Back to the run.   My average HR was 183, or was it 185, can not remember but to most people they would probably Gasp to hear that.  When I trained for the 1/2 Marathons it was the same, in fact today was a little lower  than it usually was in the beginning. I was pretty slow, right under 12 min miles...not good but also not worried. I can increase the time,  just need patience.  I do not plan on running less than 10.5- 11 min miles. That is just me..the Turtle!







I do not know how long I will be able to run around the Lake..it does get a little boring after a while. I will probably move on to the Big Dry Creek path.   They too have put up mile markers which is so helpful but my favorite way to train is just by time..not miles.

A weed?



The yellow flowers exemplify how I felt after the run. Bright, Cherry, Life Is Good!

Happy Wednesday!





After I took the pictures, it was taking too long to walk so I ran back to the car. I turned on my watch and the HR stayed around 162. Now, mind you, I only ran another 1/2 mile but I am not counting that in my run today..that was a frebbie to myself! When I saw my car, I was a little sad that the morning was over. Now it is back to work tomorrow and will have to wait a few days to run

My Sweet Ride!!





I will never be a fast runner but at least I have the ability to be out there! I am on a wonderful journey and even though it may take me a little longer to get there, I will Get there!

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         


No comments:

Post a Comment