Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday's Run

I did some house cleaning this morning and started my run shortly before noon. Again today, it was windy but not as bad as last week. At least today I could stand up straight and not feel like I was bent in half because of the wind!

I ran 3.3 miles but can not seem to get my pace below 11:30. I look on DailyMile and most runners are 9 min and below!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I wonder how old they are, or does that matter?

I am going to a Chi Running clinic in two weeks and when I read the material today I about freaked out! I really think it is geared for a different type of runner than I am. The information talked about all the nice hills we will be running!  Hills..I do not remember signing up for that!!!???  I paid Mucho $$ for this clinic so I will stick with it and maybe pick up some useful tips. Hopefully, it will not kick my bootie and send me back a few weeks in my training.  I will keep you posted on the class and my take on it.

Through Daily mile, I am participating in a Challenge to burn 2800 calories in 30 days. That is the average amount of calories in a large Pizza. The prize is a $50 gift certificate from Shape magazine. According to DailyMile, today I burned 493 calories!  Off to decorate the house for Fall, have a Great Day!

5 comments:

  1. I have some friends on dailymile that run races in the 6 and 7 minute mile range. Insane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check out DailyMile, sounds like something I should know about! Can't wait to hear how the clinic goes. I live in Kansas, which, isn't as flat as people think - especially in the area I live in. Hills are hard!

    Maybe its the cold weather or maybe you didn't drink as much water as normal or you're tired - that always impacts my mile time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire your running efforts and think that if you keep up faithfully, you will complete your goal of completing a marathon. Amazing! Sometimes on a day to day basis we don't see progress in our daily challenges, but then because we keep trying, eventually it becomes easier. You remind me of a scripture in Ecclesiastes 9:11. "The race is not [always] to the swift, nor the battle to the strong." I just read an inspiring story about a runner in Australia at: http://www.elitefeet.com/the-legend-of-cliff-young
    Thankfully you won't have to run nearly so far as Cliff, but with your determination, effort, courage and faith in yourself, you will do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I mentioned to you before, I'm not a runner nor do I know anything about running except what I glean through my girlfriend of 70 who is a runner. I make a good cheer leader and I cheer you on in your daily effort. Chi exercises help us in every walk of life. I do Tai Chi and Chi kong just for healing my body. That must be you running in the picture. Hot Mama. You Go, girl!.
    Manzanita
    Wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your determination and drive just amazes me. I had a friend (unfortunately I've since lost track of her) who daughter was a world class marathon runner (is that how you are called?). Anyway... she won many races and made a great deal of money doing so - really professional. But I remember her mother telling me how Heather was always - always - in pain. Are you? That really struck me...
    Ann

    ReplyDelete