Thursday, November 4, 2010

Thursday Run

Like I have said..All Run's are Good, Some are Just Better Than Others!

Today was a Good Run..Not a Better Run. I watched the two videos below and thought I should give this a try!






I tried to imitate what I had seen but my legs felt like a ton of bricks! I did complete 4.2 mile and felt like I could have gone a little further but was discouraged with my time. Today my pace was 11:55..not good!

As you heard in the Video, for my pace i should run between 2-2.5 minutes then walk 1. Well, I can not see that happening. I thought that would just frustrate me, but I did try it the last mile today. I listened to one song then walked a minute.  I do not know, guess I will just have to think about it and find the right pattern for me.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I am so inspired by your story - WOW!! I am looking forward to following your journey. And I love this: All Run's are Good, Some are Just Better Than Others.
    I need to remember that when I have one that's not as good as another! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I look forward to following you! You look fantastic in your picture in the blue skirt. Good luck training for your marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by last week. I am glad you found these videos helpful. However, I agree that Jeff's walk/run method can be a little over the top. When I trained for my first half I ran 2 min, walked 1 until I was able to run 3 miles without walking. Then I started my training plan and ran 10 minutes, walked 1 minute all throughout the remainder of my training. It worked great and I finished in the middle of the pack, but ahead of several of my friends who ran the entire race.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Amber. The Galloway run/walk/run method does take some getting used to, but it definitely helps conserve energy and finish successfully once you get the hang of it. I learned it last summer, when I began running with a group through my local running store. It took some time to adjust, but now I run 2/1 intervals usually, and adjust as I need to.

    I also walk for one full mile before I run at all. This helps my body warm up enough for the run. Being over 40 and diabetic, safety is key!

    ReplyDelete