Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday in Loveland!

Today was a new day, we were in Loveland and I only had to run for 30 minutes. Unfortunately,  the battery on my Garmin was dead and I did not take my charger. I did have my Polar watch for the time but I wanted to know the distance of the KILLER CLIMB!

Close to our house is Loveland's water reservoir, which was built a few years back.  During the building of the reservoir, the city built a road with a 7.5% grade.  I can take this road on one of my running paths and wanted to know the exact mileage.  Let me tell you, it feels like a mile but I am sure it is not more than a 1/4 mile!

I decide this would be a good run for today, get in some hill practice and do a little speed work. HAHAHA!!!!
It was good hill work but I was so beat, the speed work was not happening! I had to stop a couple times going up the hill to get the heart rate down but did recover quickly and ran the entire hill. My goal is to run up the hill, without stopping, by May.

A few years ago, I could run up this hill and kept my HR around 184-192. I guess I have to realize that a few years can make a big difference.  I will keep a positive attitude and my eye on the dream!

1 comment:

  1. WOW. You are definitely inspirational. The idea of hills and speed make me tired just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete