Saturday, April 9, 2011

My longest training run so far

There is not one good thing I can say about this run except, IT IS OVER!

By far this was the most difficult, did not think I would make it back, miserable, @#$%& run I have ever had. I wanted to sit down on the trail and pray someone would come by and offer  me a piggy ride back to my car. I HATED EVERY LAST MOMENT  until my last 100 yards!

After my run, I tried to analyze what went wrong and I came to the conclusion that:

       1.  I was not able to run, for a week, because  I was having vision problems in my left eye.

       2.  My nutrition was in the tank for a run. Yesterday, I had a decent breakfast and lunch but skipped dinner
            because I ate too much cake at work and was not hungry. This morning I only had a banana before
            my run.

These are the only two things I can contribute to such a poor run.  I will be back on the trail Monday morning.  hopefully with proper nutrition I will do better.

3 comments:

  1. Yes it may not of been your best run but you did it, you ran, your finished and you didn't die. All that is excellent. So even though not perfect YOU DID IT!!! And I am very proud of you. You learned and Monday's run will be excellent.
    Take care Shawn and have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you finished! Good luck for the coming weeks training and don't be too hard on yourself - I'm supposed to run the Two Oceans half marathon in Cape Town before the end of the month and I haven't touched my running shoes for almost a month now - THAT'S what you call bad!! Sometimes I feel like giving myself a good kick to get going... ;)

    ReplyDelete